Friday 12 February 2016

Story of a Beauty Blogger With a Veil

Today I am going to share a story of a Beauty blogger with a Veil .
Its about me , Mrs Ghazala Naseem Hejazi .
A teacher by profession , a writer by passion and a homemaker with a strong sense of responsibilities towards her family .
Born and bought up in a tradition Muslim family I am too much attached with my Religion , its teaching and our traditional values .
I always feel its better to follow our  culture and tradition rather then copying the west .
Our culture and tradition is much better than that of west , we have strong family values , we celebrate festivals with heart and soul .
During my childhood I did what ever I wanted  to , my family members specially my mom always encouraged me for everything , I had participated in various sports activities like Table Tennis , badminton , Throw ball etc.
I studied what I wanted , I started job at an young age .
Then after my marriage I continued my job for some time ,then with small kids as it was bit difficult I left my job as I feel  I need to give more time to my kids .
In last 12 years my teaching job was going on and off and then finally I decide to quit as it was taking a toll on my health and I was finding it difficult to manage my Job and family responsibilities .
Then I thought of doing something of my own .
 Some work from home kind of thing so that  I can do it in my free time .
So started doing research on net that what kind of things I can do on net , most of them were writing works and I thought I could do it easily as writing is my passion and I use to write short stories and poems during my school days .
Then I did some more research on blogging , I found it very interesting as its a good way to connect with other bloggers and readers .
One can share their experience on various topics through their posts and blog .
Again I did some research on topics on which one can blog , the result-- Beauty product review  , Food and recipes , Travel ,Technology etc.
 The one I liked most is Beauty Products reviews as  I always try new products as see which ones are good and give suggestion to my cousins and friends about it , so I thought I could do it easily .

Then I started following various Indian Beauty blogs to see how they write reviews and to learn some blogging tips form other beauty bloggers . 
Writing part was not too difficult , what I found difficult was sharing my pictures on social media sites . I am not too comfortable with that ,not because of any family pressure but because of my personal choice.
In an era when even young girls and small kids are crazy about makeup , fashion and sharing selfie's on social media sites , a Shy Person like me who does not likes taking and sharing selfie  want to be a Beauty blogger was an unusual thing .
Many suggested I won't be able to do it so should not  waste my time and many could not still believe I am Beauty Blogger , may be because of my Physical look , as I wear a Veil /Hijab which is  my personal choice .
But I was  determined to show that a Veil or Hijab can never be an obstacle in a Women choice of carrier .
I made my blog , started writing product reviews , participated in various blogging contests and activities , won few , got many positive response from my readers and fellow bloggers that I write well and ultimately happy to Prove that I can be a Beauty Blogger With a Veil .
My veil is not an obstacle , its my strength .
And to be a Beauty blogger I do not need to take hundreds of selfies and post it everywhere , I am doing it by writing good reviews and my true experience with the product  so that my readers could know about the product .
I have not posted my pictures or selfie's through out the net just a few on my facebook profile for my friends and relatives so that they could see me as I have not met many of them since ages .
I would like to share one of my pictures here so that readers could see the face behind  this blog.
A blogger with a different attitude towards  many thing and the one who was successful in breaking the stereotype about appearance .
Physical appearance or  Dressing sense does not changes or depicts one's character or talent .
A talented person can prove his /her talent in any situation the only thing required is passion , patience and hard work .


 
 
And now after about eight months of blogging I feel happy to be a blogger .

“I’m breaking stereotypes based on appearance by sharing my experience for the #IAmCapable activity at BlogAdda in association with Nihar Naturals.”

Take a look at some of the startling figures that the Nihar Naturals #IAmCapable survey conducted by Nielsen India reveals:
a. 69% of men agree that their judgement of women is based on their looks.
b. 64% of women agree that the judgments passed on them have affected their ability to reach their true potential.
c. 70%of women agree that majority of judgments on women are from family members or friends rather than strangers.
d. 72% of women agree that working women face more judgments on their looks or their clothes than housewives.

nihar-naturals-statistics-women (1)


 

No comments: